Actuary or Associate Actuary - Commercial and/or Personal Lines - REMOTE
New York, NY 10025 US
Put your Insurance Experience to work – FROM HOME!
At Work At Home Vintage Experts (WAHVE), we value significant insurance experience and want to revolutionize the way people think about phasing into retirement by offering qualified candidates the opportunity to continue their career working from home. As we say – retire from the office but not from work. Our unique platform provides you with real work/life balance and allows you to customize your own work schedule while continuing to utilize your insurance expertise in a remote, long-term position.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WAHVE
We created a welcoming place to work with friendly and professional leadership. We are known for the great care we take with our staff and our clients. We are passionate and determined about delivering the best customer service, preserving insurance industry knowledge, and making a difference by the work that we do.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
We have assignments available to help our insurance carrier clients in Actuary or Associate Actuary positions. Responsibilities include:
- Perform pricing studies to evaluate the profitability of company’s insurance products. Perform competitor analysis to maintain awareness of pricing and product developments in the marketplace. Perform trend analysis to understand changes in the frequency and severity of insurance claims.
- Analyze rating variables and recommend pricing changes.
- Participate in various processes such as rate reviews, modeling projects, budgets, price monitoring, etc.
- Assist in the assessment of experience, source of earnings analysis, reserve adequacy, and forward-looking drivers to develop reserve assumptions and recommendations.
- Aid in the development of rating methodologies concerning both existing and new company products.
- Possess ability to extract and manipulate data in relational databases, SQL and R preferred.
- Strong experience using statistical techniques to build predictive models addressing underwriting or claim issues.
- ACAS or FCAS designation preferred but not required.
TO BECOME A WORK AT HOME VINTAGE EXPERT, WE REQUIRE
- 25 years of full-time work experience
- 10 most current years of actuarial insurance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or related major
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A WAHVE
- Retire from the office but not from work.
- Eliminate the office stress and the commute.
- Choose the work you would like to do now.
- Customize your schedule – full or part time.
- Continue to earn an income.
- Utilize your years of insurance industry knowledge.
- Be part of our dynamic yet virtual team environment and connect with other experienced insurance professionals like yourself!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Click APPLY NOW to complete our simple preliminary profile. Be sure to include your preferred contact information as one of our Qualification Specialists will connect with you promptly.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!