Insurance - MGA - Commercial and Personal Lines Underwriter - 100% REMOTE
Chicago, IL 60601
Put your Insurance Experience to work – FROM HOME!
At Work At Home Vintage Experts (WAHVE), we value significant insurance experience and want to revolutionize the way people think about phasing into retirement by offering qualified candidates the opportunity to continue their career working from home. Our unique platform provides you with real work/life balance and allows you to customize your own work schedule while continuing to utilize your insurance expertise in a flexible, remote, long-term position.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WAHVE
We created a welcoming place to work with friendly and professional leadership. We are known for the great care we take with our staff, our clients, and our contractors. We are passionate and determined about delivering the best customer service, preserving insurance industry knowledge, and making a difference by the work that we do.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
We have assignments available to help our Managing General Agent (MGA) clients in Commercial and Personal Lines Underwriter, Associate Underwriter or Underwriting Assistant positions. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate submissions to ensure proper risk selection, premium and coverage.
- Review, underwrite and quote new and renewal business and endorsements in accordance with carrier guidelines.
- Provide accurate documentation supporting sound underwriting judgment and decisions.
- Review requests for cancellation.
- Evaluate and quote both new and renewal business applications for best coverage and pricing based on market availability.
- Provide accurate classifications and rating of risk to determine acceptability.
- Provide quotes according to all contract and binding companies.
- Monitor critical areas, such as loss ratio, costs, retention ratio and new business hit ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary.
- Process endorsements and policy changes requiring sound underwriting input and judgment.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A WAHVE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
- Phase into retirement working from home.
- Choose the work you would like to do now.
- Customize your schedule – full or part time.
- Continue to earn an income.
- Utilize your years of insurance industry knowledge.
- Be part of our dynamic yet virtual team environment and connect with other experienced insurance professionals like yourself!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Click APPLY NOW to complete our simple preliminary profile. Be sure to include your preferred contact information as one of our Qualification Specialists will connect with you promptly.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
TO BECOME A WORK AT HOME VINTAGE EXPERT, WE REQUIRE
- 25 years of full-time work experience
- At least 15 most current years of Commercial and Personal Lines Property & Casualty insurance experience – specifically in underwriting