Underwriter - Commercial Excess & Surplus Lines - 100% REMOTE
Atlanta, GA 30309 US
Put your Insurance Experience to work – FROM HOME!
At Work At Home Vintage Experts (WAHVE), we value significant insurance experience and want to revolutionize the way people think about phasing into retirement by offering qualified candidates the opportunity to continue their career working from home. Our unique platform provides you with real work/life balance and allows you to customize your own work schedule while continuing to utilize your insurance expertise in a flexible, remote, long-term position.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WAHVE
We created a welcoming place to work with friendly and professional leadership. We are known for the great care we take with our staff, our clients, and our contractors. We are passionate and determined about delivering the best customer service, preserving insurance industry knowledge, and making a difference by the work that we do.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
We have assignments available to help our Excess & Surplus (E&S) Lines broker clients in Commercial Lines Underwriter, Associate Underwriter or Assistant Underwriter positions.
Well suited E&S candidates in Commercial Lines will have job opportunities ranging across the following Property & Casualty sectors including Package, Mono and/or Multi-line, Umbrella, Transportation, Habitational, Large Property as well as need for experience with Surplus Lines Tax Filings. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct accurate and thorough risk selection with proper classification of insureds.
- Make critical underwriting decisions on risk acceptability, coverage alternatives, and pricing.
- Rate, quote, and bind risk based on acceptability, coverage, and pricing of middle and/or large or complex renewals and new business.
- Submit underwriting referrals to company brokerage facilities.
- Manage a portfolio of renewal business with focus on book management.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with producers, brokers, and reinsurers.
- Maintain accurate file documentation in accordance with company guidelines.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A WAHVE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
- Phase into retirement working from home.
- Choose the work you would like to do now.
- Customize your schedule – full or part time.
- Continue to earn an income.
- Utilize your years of insurance industry knowledge.
- Be part of our dynamic yet virtual team environment and connect with other experienced insurance professionals like yourself!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Click APPLY NOW to complete our simple preliminary profile. Be sure to include your preferred contact information as one of our Qualification Specialists will connect with you promptly.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
TO BECOME A WORK AT HOME VINTAGE EXPERT, WE REQUIRE
- 25 years of full-time work experience
- At least 15 most current years of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty insurance experience